Bad day, good day, so-so day.
Tues :
Some china students came to our school for sort of an exchange, and we had to play Fate of the Gods and El Capitan to entertain them as well as the school. And we sounded really bad, maybe becos we didnt practice before the actual 'mini' concert ? But all in all, I think we sounded quite disgusting, partly becos of the hall I guess ? Hahaha. Yes, excuses I know : D So yup, they put up a concert for us too, and though the songs they played were quite weird, their percussion ensemble was entertaining. I guess our students didnt really appreciate it and they started to yack like how Mrs S would always say la. She scolded us and said we were country bumpkins, and we didnt even know when to clap to the music ? Arrrr, super ridiculous. Who would ever clap when no one's clapping, and it's not that everyone there understands music what. I remember her saying that it's rude to fidget and whisper and etc during a concert, like please. So you sit like a stone there and listen attentively ? I think it's really impossible, she might say it's a lack of self-discipline. But whatever, I think what she had said didnt really make sense any to me.
Band day, Mr Toh threw First Suite in Eb to us and said that it's sort of a basic band repertory. So in short, we must know how to play it or we'll be labelled as a lousy band. Most importantly, he said that we can only take at least 2-3 weeks to learn it. We've only got the bone structure of the song, I think it'll be hardwork to fill in the bone structure with flesh, blood and organs. Okay, gross example. Hahaha.
Wenzdi :
It was really a good day spent with CHERYL LAI ! Becos of the promise we made to each other to catch The Lake House together, I was forced to watch it with her. Alright, obviously not. So we made our way to CWP to watch, cos cathay's movie tickets are in a way cheaper I think. We lunched at the new food court, and their food costs a bomb la. Chicken rice only, $3.20. It didnt taste very nice too. Lol. Okay anyway, as usual we smuggled some chips into the cinema so we can have something to munch on. The movie was actually confusing to me, becos the two characters were living in a difference of 2 years. I was figuring out the years half the time, was quite frustrated by the fact that I couldnt understand the story. BUT however, the movie was really romantic, like how the way they wrote letters to each other every now and then. And though they were living in two different worlds, they were so far and yet so near. It was really touching to see them finally being able to meet each other, finally being able to feel each other. Physically la, I mean.
So if you wanna know how to hold on to someone you've never met before, catch The Lake House in cinemas now ! You'll be able to get your question answered most probably la : D
Today :
We had to get ourselves engaged with some groupwork during history class this morning about Hitler and his allies and the time frame of what he had done over the years to conquer Europe. Though everyone was reluctant, it was still an order from her. We cant oppose her just becos of our laziness, can we ? Yup, so we obeyed her and did her work. I guess that was quite a good method to ensure that we really know the chapter inside out and of cos to understand it. And by doing this, we wont be so spoilt with the teacher always spoon feeding us with information. We can take this opportunity to exercise our minds, so we wont slack so much and then panic when there's a test sometime later. She's quite an irritating teacher, but what to do, we're gonna be stuck to her for another year, so I think we should just make do with it la. She's not that bad either. Hahaha.
English lesson was such a torture to us today, really. Going through those pronunciations of words were really tiring. You need to use a certain amount of energy in order to stress on some particular parts of the words, and the symbols were hard to understand.
Then it was time for our photo-taking session. I was super happy when I wasnt asked to sit at the first row, so I wont look that short. And stupid pekky was like so hard up for time, he kept nagging at us for not having the sense of urgency cos we cannot afford to waste time and that we're far behind time. All crap, then he mentioned something about a maths trail at Sentosa during the Sept holidays. He wanted volunteers but I suggested to him that it's better that for him to pick himself. Ya, he picked me the moment I said that. Shit happens, hahaha. I'm quite interested la, but it wouldnt be fun if no one is there to accompany me. Grrrr.
Was quite disappointed with the juniors today, cos they cant seem to remember what I've taught them the last practice I saw them. Nevermind, patience is a virtue : D
P.S : Happy Birthday LIP MIN ! Go for the maths trail with me la ! Dont abandon me okay ? Hahaha. Love you !
Oh yes, did I mention that Keanu Reeves is hot ? HAHA, so now I say he's super hot ! Hahaha.